Site hosted by Build your free website today!

UFO Radar Reports

Index Page

That evening a large number of flares and blinking lights were reported from the vicinity of defense plants. Radars picked up an unidentified target 120 miles west of Los Angeles. Photograph appeared in the LA Times.


Mysterious fireballs and cigar-shaped UFOs. In October 1946. Swedish defense ministry issued a communique that radar had detected about two hundred objects "which cannot be the phenomena referred to as Swedish airplanes."


English 'ghost airplanes' that had been picked up on radar...

On 15 May 1947, 'peculiar phenomena' were blamed by Lieutenant Colonel Harlod R. Turner, commanding officer at White Sands Proving Ground (WSPG), New Mexico, for the erratic test flight of a V-2 (A-4) rocket. As the rocket climbed to an intermediate altitude of 40 miles, Kisser learned that radar technicians assigned to US Army Ordnance watched in amazement as another target instantaneously appeared right next to the missle. The V-2 veered off course and crashed to earth minutes later, 40 degrees off the normal flight path. Pending a formal report from the ground search crew, Turner said there were no clues of the missle's behaviour.


At 19:15, at least one surface-to-air missile with a 674-pound high-explosive warhead was fired at one or more radar targets hovering to the south-west of WSPG Launch Row.


Reportedly, foo fighters observed over Korea and Vietnam were sometimes tracked by radar.


The UFO was observer by Ground Observer Corps volunteers and also detected by radar.


Jet fighters had been scrambled almost nightly for a week. On three occasions radar equipped F-94s had locked on aerial targets only to have the lock-on broken by the apparent violent maneuvers of the target.


Radar sites in three different locations [Air Routing and Traffic Control Center (ARTC), Andrews Air Force Base, Washington National Airport] spotted the objects. F-94s fighters had their onboard radar lock on the targets.


Captain Casey Pierman on Capital Airlines flight 807. He and the rest of his crew saw seven objects flash across the sky. "Like falling stars without trails." Travelling at tremendous speed. National Airport radar picked up the object.


Flight controllers (Air Defense Command) directed pilot Lieutenant William Petterson to five or six unknowns on radar. Suddenly pilot sees brilliant blue-white lights. Closes in for better look and reported they were all around him. Radar room watched intercept on radar scope. They could see what the pilot was telling them on radar.

UFOs being watched on military radar. Traux Air Force Base, Wisconson picked up an unidentified return over the Soo Locks area and restricted air space. A [F-89c] fighter was scrambled from Kinross Field, Michigan to participate in an Active Air Defense Mission. Return from the F-89 disappeared from the CGI station's radarscope after merging (two blips) with UFO. Air Force claim it was another airplane Royal Canadian Air Force Dakota (C-47) later changed to a RCAF jet after deniels by the Canadian government.

Unidentified radar target tracket over New York State. Scrambled F-94 Starfire jet, Spotted a gleaming, disk-shaped apparatus. Unbearable, suffocating heat pilot bailed out.


Robert B. Willingham. The object was first picked up by the DEW, Distant Early Warning radar in Canada.



Flying to intercept a mysterious radar reflection, an unknown French Air Force pilot photographed this craft in March 1954 (1957?) over Rouen with his gun-sight camera.


Milton Torres. As soon as he scrambled his Sabre jet from RAF Manston in Kent and headed eastwards, he saw the blip on his radar, indicating the presence of an aircraft the size of a B52 about 15 miles away, and he prepared to close in for the kill with a salvo of rockets. But the “aircraft”, judged to be hostile and probably Russian, simply vanished. The blip on the radar disappeared.


The RB-47 possessing the most sophisticated electronic intelligence (ELINT) gear available to the U.S. Air Force.

In the first hint of what was to come, one of the three officers who operate the electronic countermeasures (ECM) equipment detected an odd signal. Moving up the radar screen, the blip passed some distance in front of the RB-47, then over Mississippi. Though puzzled, he sai d nothing. However, a few minutes later, at 4:10 A.M., the sudden appearance of an intense blue light bearing down on the aircraft shook the pilot and copilot. Even more unnerving, the object changed course in the blink of an eye and disappeared at the two o'clock position. The aircraft radar picked up a strong signal in the same spot. The UFO maintained this position even as the RB-47 continued toward east Texas.

The pilot then observed a "huge" light, attached, he suspected, to an even bigger something that the darkness obscured. When the electronics gear noted the presence of another UFO in the same general location as the first, the pilot turned the plane and accelerated toward it. The UFO shot away. By now the crew had alerted the Duncanville, Texas, Air Force ground radar station, and it was soon tracking the one UFO that remained (the second had disappeared after a brief time). At 4:50 radar showed the UFO abruptly stopping as the RB-47 passed under it. Barely seconds later it was gone.


After the crash, a report began circulating that radar at the Air Force base had detected several objects accompanying the cargo plane immediately before and the aircraft was lost.


Airport radar contact with the UFO was reported but later denied. Neff-Spaur incident.


Finland’s most prominent official UFO incidents include case where Finnish Air Force was trying to chase seven bright UFOs over Pori airport, Western Finland.


Airport Terminal Radar Controller, Julio Intrian Diaz, registered the blip of Carlos's plane on radar, the UFO executing a 270-degree turn in a radius of three or four miles at a speed of 450-500 nautical m.p.h..


Pilot Frank Auman, Jr. and UFO investigator Arlan Keith Andrews were flying in a private plane near the Savannah, Georgia Nuclear Plant. They saw a bright white UFO maneuvering in the area for four or five minutes. It made a "slight wobble" and then a hard turn, before it flew away. Jacksonville Control Center personnel at Jacksonville, Florida confirmed three UFO sightings(either radar or visuals) by pilots at the site.


The objects were being tracked on base radar, Buckley Air National Guard radar and Stapleton airport.


Large triangular craft that paces his F4-11 Phantom for approximately a half-hour. Target pasted solidly on planes radar.


A three member Melbourne TV crew was airborne in an Argosy cargo plane, captures UFO on film and tracked by the plane's radar.


At one time the object was tracked on radar moving erratically at a speed of about 45 miles per hour. The technician who tracked the object on the radar scope at a remote facility north of Kirksville stepped outside the building and saw the lights of the object about six miles away. (Ref 4)


Indications one of the nearby British radar facilities had tracked something at about the time a light was seen dropping into the woods at Rendlesham Forest.

|Base|Glow|Landing Mark|Triangle|

The incident was also confirmed on ground radar.


Canadian Defense Department radars picked up a globe shaped object traveling at a phenomenal speed over the area. The object abruptly stopped and dropped like a stone. Canadian and American security agencies were immediately notified of the landing. Monitoring satellites traced the movements of aliens to a triangular area, off Old Almonte and Corkery Roads. The object had landed in deep swamp near Corkery Road. Two AH-64 Apaches and a UH-60 Blackhawk headed for the area.

An unconfirmed account indicated that the nearby NASA facility at Wallops Island had lost its radar about the same time.

|Disc|Dome|Beam|ET|Hover|Jet-like roar|Radar|Speed|

Fighter pilots onboard radar "locked on" to a target three times that night, but each time the UFO evaded them.


Ocotlán is to 60 km of Guadalajara, patch to the shore of the Lake of Chapala.

Captain Daniel Monraz (Yahoo! Babel Fish translation):

Then that there is somebody there, that I do not know who is, but are putting in our airspace, them and we. Sight, I wanted to forget to me the sighting, in 1991, did not want to return that is to say from that… “I did not see anything, I did not see anything”. But I commented to a friend air controller, Joel Marin, that is the one that is heard in the recordings that I presented/displayed in the program. They spent two years and a day, thus I was arriving suddenly from flight and she says to me: “It hears, why you do not go towards the northwest? , because very rare echoes in the radar are being seen, they are not airplanes”, to which I responded: “No, I do not stop”… he there to me insisted but I stayed signs: “No, I do not want to go”. Days later, I came from Leon (Guanajuato) and he, mañosamente, began to turn to remove to me to me from the route and to take to me “towards them”… began to say to me: “You have an echo nonidentified to 12 of your position”.


Cesar Escobar. The radar makes one revolution in five seconds. The range was set for 150 nautical miles (approximately 210 kilometers). According to Chavez [The radar operator], who had been watching his radar scope screen, the radar couldn't mea- sure its speed when it departed, since it disappeared completely from his screen during one revolution (360 degrees) on the 150 nautical mile range.


Air Traffic Control at Prestwick reported an unknown flying object on their radar screens, assumed at first to be a Concorde jet, but then it was noticed that the speed of the object was at least four times greater. It headed south and approached the Pennine Range. It was also being tracked by NATO radar and two RAF Jaguar aircraft were scrambled from Coltishall base in Norfolk. At 2037 it was reported on the radar screen at Gatwick Airport at an altitude of 10,000 ft. At the same time Captain Fodoala Parc of the Egyptian Royal Army intelligence, among others, was conducting military maneuvers with the British Army at Salisbury Plains was instructed to go to the above location.

|Cylinder|Crash|Landing Legs|No Seams|Radar|Scramble|

In July 1993 from a Radar of Rome (Practica di Mare) and a Radar in the Marche (Falconara marittima) the Italian Air force destroyed a UFO flying from Lazio to Abruzzo with two airt-to-air missles (AAMs).


Duboc reported the sighting to Air Traffic Control and Air Defense Operations (CODA); simultaneously CODA recorded an unidentified object on radar crossing the track of the plane. The object seemed to disappear from the radar scope at the same instant as it did from the view of the crew. CODA investigations ruled out a weather balloon or any other aircraft.


Source of information – Brazilian airforce official, who cannot be named, interviewed in July 1996

Many commercial pilots have been giving accounts of strange lights in the sky that sometimes has been following their aircraft. Radar's also detected them, confirming the sightings. Major CINDACTA (Centro Integrado de Defesa Aeriea e Controle de Trafego Aireo/ Integrated Centre For Air Defence And Air Traffic Control) radar kept recording them when the U.S government contacted the Brazilian government in Brasilia. U.S. Satellites have been tracking UFO's from the stratosphere and down to South Minas Gerdis (a state situated on one of the biggest mineral sources from which it derives it’s name – General Mines) where plots disappeared, meaning where the UFO's have landed or crashed. CINDACTA contacted the Brazilian Airforce to find out the nearest military unit to the scene.


Air Traffic Controller receives a report from airline pilot of UFO's

I am an air traffic controller for Minneapolis Center. This evening at 1900 ((local/Central)) the pilot of an air carrier (heavy) that was under my control reported two flights of two aircraft. There were no other aircraft in the vicinity at the time. He said they were 15 miles in front of him at 35,000 feet traveling away from him in a westerly direction. The UFO's stayed out in front of his aircraft for approximately 15 minutes until the pilot said that the UFO's were so far out in front of him that he could hardly see them anymore. After being relieved of my duties I reported it to my supervisor who put me in contact of the Military Air Defense. The person at the other end of the phone said that they saw no objects in the area of this aircraft.

((NUFORC Note: We have communicated multiple times with this witness, and FAA Air Traffic Controller, as well as with the Supervisor, mentioned above. They both confirm that no radar returns were visible on the Controller's radar screen at the time of the incident.

The case has been forwarded to the National Aviation Reporting Center on Anomalous Phenomenon (<, Executive Director, Mr. Ted Roe, and Chief Scientist, Dr. Richard Haines, Ph.D., former Senior Research Scientist at NASA's Ames Research Center in San Jose, CA. The case is under active investigation, and audio and radar data will be requested from the FAA with a Freedom of Information Act request.

We express our sincere gratitude to the personnel in the FAA who saw to it that the information was forwarded to our Center!!

SPECIAL NOTE: NUFORC would very much like to speak with the crew members of the aircraft, and most of all, we would very much like to have them submit independent reports, using our Online Report Form, describing what they saw and what happened during their reported sighting. We guarantee that the anonymity of the witnesses will be protected. Thank you! PD))


"...but there is existing more than 50 such measurements; the wireless sets (radar) of the American Air Force and Navy, which are used in all fighters, cannot be so inaccurate that the information obtained with them can be doubted completely." -- Hermann Oberth.

|Hermann Oberth|

The term "Fast Walker."